<< return to Vizycam.com

Object Detector App not loading (libhdfs.so error)

Greetings. I’ve been using the Object Detector app without issues until now. When I go to load the app it shows below error message and then defaults to the Birdfeeder app. Not sure what I did to the camera to get to this point other than I was following the ‘train your own images tutorial’ when the system started to malfunction. I’m currently running Vizy version 0.2.131. Any insight or solutions to this issue is most appreciated. Other than this issue the camera is fantastic. Rex H.

2023-02-07 12:16:57.833681: E tensorflow/core/platform/hadoop/hadoop_file_system.cc:132] HadoopFileSystem load error: libhdfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*** Texting interface found!

Unhandled exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/vizy/apps/object_detector/main.py”, line 1480, in
ObjectDetector()
File “/home/pi/vizy/apps/object_detector/main.py”, line 499, in init
self.kapp.push_mods(self._open_project())
File “/home/pi/vizy/apps/object_detector/main.py”, line 604, in _open_project
self.current_project_dir = os.path.join(self.project_dir, self.app_config[‘project’])
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/posixpath.py”, line 94, in join
genericpath._check_arg_types(‘join’, a, *p)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/genericpath.py”, line 149, in _check_arg_types
(funcname, s.class.name)) from None
TypeError: join() argument must be str or bytes, not ‘NoneType’

Hello,
Sorry for the problems, but many thanks for the console excerpt! It looks like the most recent project is in a weird state. Try going into the console and running these commands:

cd ~/vizy/etc
mv object_detector.json object_detector.json.bak

then restart Object Detector. This will force Object Detector to load the default project instead of the (possibly) defunct project. Let me know what you find.

Edward

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your quick response and solution. Rex

Thanks! We’ll have someone contact you by email to see if we can identify what went wrong.

Edward